What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a division of traditional Chinese medicine which possesses a 5000 years old tradition. It works through the insertion of needles into specific points (called acupoints), which clear the energy pathways(called meridians), and promote energy (Qi) to flow more smoothly and efficiently. This will stimulate and strengthen the body's natural healing abilities and improve organ functions.
Is Acupuncture safe?
Acupuncture is a safe procedures when conducted by trained and skilled acupuncture practitioner. Furthermore, we use only sterile, vacuum-sealed, disposable needles, which prevents any risk of infection and cross-contamination.
What separates different acupuncturists?
A good acupuncturist has more knowledge, experience, and skills. They can diagnose better, and choose better acupoints for more effective treatments. The sensation felt during insertion often differ between different practitioners as the accuracy and precision in positioning the various acupoints varies. Furthermore, some acupuncturists can treat everything from common cold, cough, pain, injuries, to allergies, asthma, heart diseases, kidney diseases and etc.
What kind of needles do you use?
We use high quality, stainless steel, sterile, single use needles. We only use once, then recycle them properly.
How many treatments do I need ?
It varies. A couple of treatments may be enough for some patients while more treatments may needed for more persistent problems. Patients require weekly visits and they notice the difference after a couple visits; some may even be cured. Other people may take longer time to see the improvement, but it depends on your situation.
What is acupressure?
Acupressure, a branch of Chinese medicine, is a manual therapy. It is analogous to techniques such as massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy, Shiatsu, etc. It is particularly effective for muscular, joints, and spinal problems. We choose some acupuncture points and apply pressure, like acupuncture without needles, to reduce pain and balance body metabolism. It is used either alone or in combination with acupuncture for optimal results.
We offer special acupressure treatments for neck, shoulder, low back pain and sciatica.
What acupuncture and acupressure can do?
Why acupuncture works better for some diseases?
- It is excellent for many kinds of pain.
- It can treat
- environmental allergies, food allergies, and even allergies from unknown causes.
- nervous system diseases by soothing the mind while improving sleep quality and increasing energy level. It is great for treating stress, depression, anxiety, insomnia, headache, migraine and concussion.
- respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, feeling short breath, and coughing.
- digestive conditions including heartburn, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhoea, IBS, stomach pain, colitis, and food allergies.
- We offer special treatments for Sciatica, knee pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shoulder and neck problems.
- Good for women's health problems: like menopause, hot flashes, menstrual pain and irregularities, etc.
- improve energyAcupuncture is a energy medicine. Acupuncture is a great treatment to improve energy level and balance body function to battle fatigue and help you stay awake!
- increase blood circulationAcupuncture can increase blood circulation. This is the way our body to heal and repair damaged tissues. Blood vessels are the key highway for delivering nutrients to and removing waste from the body.
Traditional Chinese medicine has a different medical model: it does not mask the symptoms, it treats the causes to improve your health.
People who have a depression or anxiety, for example. are also likely to have poor sleep quality and experience low energy. To help them to fully recovery, we must also improve their sleep quality and energy level. A good acupuncture practitioner would treat them all together. So the patient who gets the acupuncture treatment will not only lose the symptoms of depression or anxiety but also sleep better and feel more energetic.
Why choose Chinese medicine?
Western medicine is good at emergency situations, diagnoses, you can get clear pictures from CT scan and MRI, see all the numbers from your blood test. Some vaccines have great contributions to save lives. Western medicine is more connected with modern science and technology; Chinese medicine is excellent for treating chronic diseases and acute situations. Chinese medicine treats causes, not merely masking the symptoms. Chinese medicine improves our health by altering our innate organ functions. It cures many diseases. It has much less side effects; it is non invasive.